What a performance by Easton Stick. The North Dakota State senior quarterback became the school’s all-time leader in touchdown passes, he also ran for two scores as the Bison routed South Dakota, 59-14.
The 59 points matches the most NDSU has scored in a Missouri Valley Conference game, along with the 59 the Bison put up on Western Illinois in 2015.
NDSU accounted for 560 yards of offense, they also forced two turnovers and turned into two touchdowns. Lance Dunn ran for 114 yards, while Hawley’s Ben Ellefson had two touchdowns in the red zone.
The Bison improve to 8-0 on the season and 5-0 in the Missouri Valley. With SDSU’s win over Illinois State and Western Illinois’s beatdown of Northern Iowa, the conference standings are a mess in the middle.
- NDSU 5-0 (Youngstown, at Mo State, SIU)
- SDSU 3-2 (Mo State, at SIU, USD)
- Western Illinois 3-2 (at SIU, at USD, Indy State)
- Northern Iowa 3-2 (Ill State, at Youngstown, Mo State)
- Missouri State 2-3 (at SDSU, NDSU, at UNI)
- Indiana State 2-3 (USD, Ill State, at Western)
- Youngstown St 2-3 (at NDSU, UNI, at Ill State)
- South Dakota 2-3 (at Indy State, Western, at SDSU)
- Illinois State 2-3 (at UNI, Indy State, Youngstown)
- Southern Illinois 1-4 (Western, SDSU, at NDSU)